Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Death and Taxes. Oh the irony is killing me. My life is filled with death. It's my profession, it's what I choose to do for a living; supporting the living as they die, what is hopefully a comfortable and dignified death through hospice care.

So death for me is an absolute, it's a fact, a truth, a guaranteed part of life.

Taxes. Oh the joys and sorrows of taxes. How did we get screwed this year? How are we oweing thousands of dollars? I walked into my payroll department and cried hysterically. Taxes are more unknown to me than death. How weird is that! I thought claiming 1 was a guarantee that we wouldn't owe any money. How can I not even be able to claim myself?

I am so upset. I re-filed my W4 today... claiming 0 exemptions AND having them withhold $300 per paycheck. How are we going to manage such a cut per month? There goes all of our plans for the year.

Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home